Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gypsea and crew are back home in New England

Posted by Liz

Ed and crew arrived last night (Tuesday) in Beverly. Great to see Ed. They all had a good time, despite getting tossed around a bit in the Gulf Stream. Everyone in the crew chipped in and made for a great team.

This week back is being spent getting our lives in order - cars up to the shop for repairs, inspection stickers, doctors and dentist appointments, offloading the boat, getting the house in order.

We're both really sad that our adventure is over, but feel so blessed to have lived this life. When people ask me about the trip, it's really hard to describe it - but I've come up with three words that really summarize how we felt every day:

HAPPY
JOYFUL
PLAYFUL

Everyone I've seen this week says "You look different", "You look like a completely different person" - and I say - "It's because I'm Happy!".... I'm trying hard to make it last, and keep that happy karma a part of my everyday life going forward.

No comments: